Upcoming "Why Psychoanalysis?"
Sabrina Cherry, Chair
The mission of the Evaluation and Treatment Service is:
* To provide excellent clinical evaluations of patients who present for possible psychoanalytic treatment
* To make appropriate referrals for any patient for whom psychoanalysis is not appropriate at the time of application
* Outreach to potential referral sources and patients about psychoanalysis, raising awareness amongst referral sources and potential patients who may benefit from this treatment and may not know about it.
The Evaluation and Treatment Service conducts clinical evaluation of all patients who present for analytic treatment through our clinic and makes appropriate referrals either for psychoanalysis within our treatment service or to other treatment settings as is clinically indicated. The service also conducts clinical review and approval of all cases transitioned by analytic candidates from private practice to become analytic patients.
Recent Achievements of the evaluation and treatment service include:
* Continued clinical excellence of all evaluations;
* Outreach to entire Columbia University Medical Community on an ongoing basis
* Upcoming Meetings Weekly meeting on Mondays
* Meeting of larger outreach group semiannually